Thank you for your interest in employment at the Minneapolis Institute of Art. Click on the job titles below to view and apply.
Full time, 37.5 hours/week
Responsible for developing and implementing Mia’s strategic vision for hospitality business, to increase earned event revenue, realize financial efficiencies and identify new event related business opportunities through outreach, partnerships, and cross-departmental packaging and alignment. Responsible for all aspects of the events business, including catering and on-site retail food service operations, which serves the museum’s visitors and internal and external clients.
In this role, you will…
· Develop and lead hospitality and sales program including, but not limited to, events, on-site retail food and beverage partner, and catering services.
· Set and drive sales goals that produce positive gross and net results.
· Design, implement and advance vision and model for museum event business and onsite hospitality.
· Effectively support Mia’s mission by identifying and leveraging opportunities to insure financial health, stability and growth of profitable event business and hospitality (on site food and beverage partnership, sales plans, profit objectives, operating budget, and customer service standards).
· Oversee Events, retail on-site food and beverage partner and catering partners.
· Create and maintain systems for effective, efficient operations and communications.
· Direct daily operations of Events department.
· Supervise Event staff including recruiting, hiring and performance management.
· Demonstrated ability to be visionary, think strategically and successfully develop existing and new event related business lines, and achieve sales goals by working effectively within an organization and making the highest and best use of external business contacts and partners.
· Track record of significantly growing gross and net sales for existing business lines.
· 5+ years of operating a financially successful service and hospitality business.
· Proven business expertise, marketing, development and management that yield profitable results.
· Catering/restaurant operations and management experience.
· Exceptional financial and analytical skills including retail accounting, budget preparation, inventory control, point of sales and scheduling systems and supervisory experience.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills and exceptional customer service skills.
· Proven ability to lead and motivate a team in a positive, cohesive direction for maximum results. Ability to structure staffing and systems to meet goals.
· Computer proficiency with MS Office.
Who You Are
You are a self-starter and creative problem solver able to work well with a team in a dynamic and multi-tasking environment. You are creative and open-minded, have a positive, “yes and” attitude, are productive and organized, with superior communication and presentation skills.
You’re good at and enjoy
· Recognizing the value in others’ unique perspectives.
· Knowing your success is directly related to guest satisfaction.
· Setting challenging goals and achieving them.
· Taking advantage of promising opportunities.
· Listening actively
· Staying even-keeled under stress
· Helping people
· Delivering radical hospitality
· Exceeding customer expectations
We at the Minneapolis Institute of Art aim to be an audience-centered, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone is welcome. To achieve this aim, we are Mission Driven, Generous, Agile, Emotionally Aware, and Positive. We endeavor to create a workplace culture where we are responsible to one another, to our visitors, and to ourselves to do our best work.
To be considered for this position, please complete and submit the online application at https://jobs-artsmia.submittable.com/submit.
Deadline for submissions is February 21, 2020.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION / EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER